Access to New Tech Network's is managed using the Member Resources tool housed inside Echo. Once school staff are allocated a membership license, they are automatically gain access to NTN resources including the NTN Help & Learning Center and the NTN Slack Community.
This article describes some of the common issues that may prevent the user from accessing NTN resources and provides solutions to resolve them.
Issue One: The user hasn't been allocated a license.
The most common thing that would prevent a user from access NTN resources is that they haven't been allocated a membership license. To verify the user has been allocated a license:
- Open the Member Resources tool
- Click the All Users tab
- Confirm the Membership toggle is switch on
Note: The contract with NTN specifies the number of licenses each school has. If the school has allocated licenses in excess of their contract, you will need to revoke any unneeded membership licenses before adding additional members. If you need more licenses, contact NTN through your account manager.
Issue Two: The user's email is incorrect
NTN resources are housed in platforms that authenticate using the user's email address. If the user has been allocated a membership license and they are still unable to log in to the Help Center or Slack Community, it could be that their email address is missing or incorrect. The email address associated with the user is provided in the All Users tab of the Member Management Tool. To edit the user's email:
- Click on the user's name.
- Edit the email address
- Click Update User.
Issue Three: The user is not listed in the Member Resources Tool
The Member Resources Tool lists all staff accounts in your Echo domain. If a staff member is not listed, it can be (1) the staff member hasn't been given an account yet, or (2) the user's account hasn't been flagged as a staff account.
- First check to see if the account exists by using Echo's Admin App to locate the user account. Click here for information on the
- If the account exists, open the account and scroll down until you see the Echo User Type field. Use the drop down menu to select Staff and then save the changes. Navigate back to the All Users tab of the Member Resources Tool and click the Refresh icon in the search field to add the staff member to the list. Finally, allocate a membership license to the staff member.
- If the account doesn't exists (or if you are not using Echo with students and do not have access to Echo's Admin ap), click the Create User in the Member Management Tool. Enter the user's name, email, username, and password. Adjust the user's settings for NTN membership. When ready, click Create User.
Please sign in to leave a comment.